When in doubt, make a hash! I had to come up with a way to use the massive butternut squash that’s been sitting on our kitchen counter. I basically threw a cornucopia of veggies, protein, + seasoning in a pan. The first of a few upcoming “clean out the fridge” meals.
Ground turkey is still super weird to me but it was on sale, so some fresh herbs, lemon garlic dressing, & Sriracha give it the flavor it’s lacking.
Don’t these baby potatoes look like gemstones?! We still have half the squash left, too, if you have any ideas!
*note: we strive for organics + grass-fed meat/dairy
- A handful of baby potatoes
- 1/2 of a large butternut squash
- 16 oz ground turkey (or other protein)
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 6 oz white sweet corn
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Fresh (or dried) thyme, parsley, rosemary, and sage – to taste
- Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika – to taste
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Fresh lemon (juice) – to taste
- Tessemae’s Organic Lemon Garlic dressing/marinade
- Chicken broth for deglazing pan
Marinate ground turkey with herbs and lemon garlic dressing (you can make your own w/ lemon juice, minced garlic, OO, S&P). Saute diced squash, potatoes, onions, and garlic in olive oil on med-high heat. Add 2 tbs olive oil to a skillet and brown the ground turkey. Season with other spices to taste. Deglaze the pans with chicken broth to add extra flavor and moisture. Mix the meat into the veggies or serve on top. Drizzle with extra dressing and/or Sriracha sauce.